Gingerbread Girl Hat


For the approaching holidays, I made my daughter a gingerbread woman hat. It is a modified version of Repeat Crafter Me pattern. Here are the modifications:

In the original pattern a Hdc base was used but I used this Dc hat base. 

I added another round of sc to the bottom of the hat. 

Cheeks: Using an H (5mm) hook, I did 10dc in a magic, sl st to 1st st, tighten, fasten off.  I made these changes because the cheeks in the pattern wasn't  big enough for a toddler size hat. 

Instead of embroidering the mouth, I sewed on a set of chains the same way the icing is done. I can't remember the number of chains that was used for either one. I think I used around 100-110 for the icing. Again, an H hook was used. 

There you go! I hope this helps. Be sure to check out the pattern! Happy Crocheting!




Comments

Popular Posts