Ryker's Granny Stripe Blanket


A few weeks ago, I found out that I am going to have a little boy. I decided to make another granny stripe blanket for him.  I wanted something that looked more like a boy than a baby. The colors also correspond with the pottery barn bedding that I have picked out.

Blanket Pattern is from: Attic 24
(I find her directions very detailed and easily understood.)

To create the random stripes I used this generator: Biscuit and Jam Stripe Maker
(I selected my colors and I checked the numbers 2, 4, 6. You will want the numbers even when working with the granny stripe.)


Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn
  - Royal Blue
  - White
  - Orange
  - Gray/ Pewter
  - Bright Green
5mm H/8 hook
Yarn needle

Size: Approx. 38"x 40"

Notes:
I just used one skein of yarn each, but for the royal blue which I needed two of.  I chained 120 to create a blanket that would be good size for a toddler or small child. I did 90 rows of granny stripes. For the edging I did a row of granny stripes around, and then did a row of Dc around (two in corners).



**Please do not re-publish the photos as your own.**

Comments

Popular Posts